Saturday, October 19, 2013

Teaching Update


I wanted to take a few minutes and update everyone on how I’m liking (or disliking…dun dun duuuun. Just kidding) homeschooling! So here ya go.

Things have been going quite well! Ethan and I have a pretty good understanding of how the other works. It makes things a lot easier! He knows what I expect of him as a student, and I have a good idea of what he expects of me as a teacher. We have a pretty good system down which makes our days go a lot smoother.
Homeschooling is hard for the both of us in ways that being in a classroom isn’t. The biggest reason it’s hard, I think, is the fact that there aren’t other students. This actually affects both of us. It affects Ethan because he has no other 4th grade boys to talk to, or play with at recess, or to joke around with. It affects me because the transitions are extremely different. Students feed off of each other’s energy, which is actually a positive thing sometimes! I’m not really sure how to explain it better, so hopefully you can try to imagine it, haha.

There is a new update!

One of our teammates is having back surgery (pray for him!) and his wife flew to America to help. Two of their kids, Ezra and Anna, will be staying with us on the compound, and I’ll be teaching Ezra! He’s also in 4th grade, and best friends with Ethan. I am very excited to have another student; Ethan is very excited to have a friend!

Pray for Ezra and Anna to not be too homesick. Pray that as we teach them we have a good time. Pray for Craig as he gets back surgery. Pray for Allison as she is away from her kids and helping her husband recover from back surgery. And pray for the rest of my time here. I’ll be back in the States in less than two months. I love home, but I also love Ethiopia.

Thank you for your prayers and your support! I would love to hear from you, either on here, Facebook, e-mail, or by you sending me a card or letter. I love cards and letters. J Let me know if you need my address!

Waqaauu si ha ebesu!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment