Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Ask, Seek, Knock

Do you ever read something and think, “Man, I wish that would happen in real life!” Have you ever heard a story and just knew they were exaggerating in some way because there is no way that stuff happens in real life? How about when you read things in the Bible? Jesus was born of a virgin, lived, was crucified, died, and rose again – that is the basis for the New Testament. It’s pretty easy to accept that, I think. What about when we read passages like the one found in Matthew 7:7-8, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."

What does that mean? That’s a nice passage. It gives hope. But…ya, it doesn’t really work like that.

Those may have been some of my thoughts. They may be some of your thoughts.

Then I learned. I learned that this passage is true; it actually happens. I prayed and prayed, and prayed some more for an opportunity to serve in Africa. And now I am going in 11 days. “Knock and the door will be opened to you.”

Jesus wasn’t kidding. I was pursuing Him, and all the while He knew my heart. “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desire of your heart.” –Psalm 37:4.


We serve a great God who cares about our desires and passions. What doors has He opened to give you the desire of your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment