Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ten Days

Two words keep entering my mind: ten days.

Obviously the number changes, but today it's ten. Ten days until what? Ten days until this little lady heads to Spokane, Washington to catch the first flight on an awesome journey to Ethiopia. I just got butterflies.

I wanted to take a minute to let everyone know my thoughts and feelings as of right now.

-I am excited.
-I am nervous.
-I am really, really excited.

Knowing that I am about to be out of the country, out of the continent, for 6 months is kind of crazy. You’d think you can only realize something once. Nope. I have realized this about 8 times, and every time it blows my mind. Every time I realize I am going to Africa for 6 months I think, “What did I get myself into?” Then I think, “This is going to be awesome!”

I find a lot of comfort in the fact that our great God will be with me on the journey and every second during my stay in Ethiopia just as much as He is with me here in my favorite place, Libby, Montana. With each day that passes by I know that I am leaving everything I know, everything I am comfortable with, everything. But then I realize that I am not leaving everything. I am not leaving God; God is not leaving me. He is going with me. Someone that I am familiar with, Someone that I am very comfortable with, and Someone who knows me better than all of us combined will be right by my side, always.


As of now I am only a little nervous, but only a little. I know that as this next week and a half flies by and the day comes for me to be standing in that giant airport, checking in my luggage, praying everything goes smoothly, I will be one large bundle of nerves. Thankfully I can find comfort in the Lord. Thankfully I know that this is His will for my life, and it is my dream come true. Knowing that makes me more excited than anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment