Friday, June 27, 2014

The Faction Life


  For those that love reading, you'll understand what I'm about to say. But for those who reading isn't really your thing, it might be something you are like "Whaaaaat? You are so weird." (Hahaha) and that's totally fine. When I read a good book/series it becomes my life, the characters become my friends, the problems become my problems, their world becomes my world. It's crazy, I know.

So, I have been reading the Divergent series this last week. It's been great! Many of my thoughts consists of things that happen in the book. For example, when I see someone doing something I sometimes will automatically try to see what faction they would be in. (If you think that is bad, you should see me about Harry Potter. It's almost embarrassing.) In the series, the city is made up of different factions, or sections, in which each is assigned to a certain work force, if you will. There are five: Erudite, Candor, Amity, Abnegation, and Dauntless. Each faction consists of people with a certain mindset. Erudite loves knowledge and learning; Candor says whatever comes to their minds; Amity is all about peace, friendship, and love (aka the hippies); Abnegation is selfless, focusing on the need and good of others; and Dauntless are the protectors, the police force. Then there are the Divergent, those whose minds work differently and have tendencies of multiple factions.

While talking with my pal, Devra (author of The Pomeroy Life blog at: http://www.thepomeroylife.com/ ), I told her I have been putting my friends in factions. So, I have decided to think, analyze, and record what factions my friends would be in, in my opinion. (I know I can't be the only person who has at least thought of this!) Here are some of the results:

-Erudite: Will P., Adrian W.
-Candor: Juli, Taby, Chris, my mom, Meemo, Gram, Pop
-Amity: Jazmin L., Kirsten P., Haley F., Sarah S., Katie E., Kait C., Morgan B.
-Abnegation: Becky P., Carey L., Aleesha (with some Dauntless), Rachel H., Becky B., Kalyn W.
-Dauntless: Home school moms (because home schooling and being a mom would be hard and take courage),
-Divergent: Devra P. (Erudite, Abnegation, and Dauntless), Shawntel S. (Erudite, Abnegation, and Amity), Ethan H. (Amity and Abnegation), Me (Abnegation, Candor, and a little bit of Erudite)

There you have it! My non-exhaustive list of some people I can put in factions. Where do you think you belong? 

No comments:

Post a Comment